This module activates the HTTPS web server mode with a free SSL/TLS certificate issued by Let's Encrypt.
Let’s Encrypt is a certificate authority that provides free SSL/TLS certificates. It is a service provided by the Internet Security Research Group (ISRG).
The key principles behind Let’s Encrypt are:
- Anyone who owns a domain name can use Let’s Encrypt to obtain a trusted certificate at zero cost.
- Software running on a web server can interact with Let’s Encrypt to painlessly obtain a certificate, securely configure it for use, and automatically take care of renewal.
- Let’s Encrypt will serve as a platform for advancing TLS security best practices, both on the CA side and by helping site operators properly secure their servers.
- All certificates issued or revoked will be publicly recorded and available for anyone to inspect.
- The automatic issuance and renewal protocol will be published as an open standard that others can adopt.
- Much like the underlying Internet protocols themselves, Let’s Encrypt is a joint effort to benefit the community, beyond the control of any one organization.
The software stack for Node.JS applications
A flexible project management web application.
A free and open-source content management system (CMS) based on PHP